E-mail MeRichard A. Thompson
(877) 525-4361 (Toll Free)
(504) 525-4380 (Secondary Fax)
Beginning in 1974, attorney Richard A. Thompson represented clients in Southeast Louisiana and many other states in a wide variety of matters, representing both plaintiffs and defendants. His primary experience has been in litigation involving physician and hospital malpractice.
Today, Mr. Thompson acts as consulting counsel to attorneys regarding medical malpractice, complex personal injuries, medical review panels, and other matters relating to medical issues.
Mr. Thompson is a member of the Louisiana State Bar Association, the American Association for Justice, the Louisiana Association for Justice, the New Orleans Bar Association, and he was a founding member of the LAJ Medical Malpractice Section. Mr. Thompson was awarded a Doctor of Jurisprudence degree (Juris Doctor) from Louisiana State University in 1974, and also holds a Bachelor of Arts from Louisiana Tech University.
Outside the legal world, Mr. Thompson is an Advisor in the Boy Scout Venturing program with his wife, Evelyn Pugh Thompson. He is a member of the National Speleological Society, the Southeast Cave Conservancy, the Nature Conservancy, and the American Civil Liberties Union.
Year Joined Firm
Areas of Practice
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury -- Plaintiff
- Professional Malpractice Law
- Louisiana, 1974
- U.S. Federal Court, 1975
- Louisiana State University Law Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Juris Doctor - 1974
- Honors: Moot Court Board
- Louisiana Tech University, Ruston, Louisiana
- Bachelor of Arts - 1971
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Louisiana State Bar Association, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Louisiana Association for Justice, Member
- New Orleans Bar Association, Member
- Louisiana Association for Justice, Medical Malpractice Section, Founding Member
- American Association for Justice, Professional Negligence Section, Member
- Boy Scout Venturing Program, Southeast Louisiana Council, Advisor
- National Speleological Society, Member
- Southeast Cave Conservancy, Member
- The Nature Conservancy, Member
- American Civil Liberties Union, Member